Sunday, December 07, 2008

Very belated Blogoversary post, and a false start on a template update

October 25 was our four year blogoversary, and somewhere, somehow, it all got lost in the shuffle of life. I can't believe I've been a blogging cat for four years now. This community continues to grow and evolve in so many wonderful ways. I know in stressful times we can turn to the cat blogosphere and find a picture or video or story to brighten our days. Thank you all so much for this little unexpected nugget of joy you have contributed to our lives. I just can't imagine being a cat without a blog and blogging friends.

After four years it's about time for me to update the blog. Blogger has new customize features and I know there are things I'm not taking advantage of. Plus somewhere in the back of my mind I feel like eventually I will be forced to upgrade, and that the upgrade will be more stable.

I know William lost a bunch of links when he did the update. Also, for a while now Mom has been saying we need to alphabetize the blogroll. So I'm putting my old list here in case I lose any links. This list does have a reason why it is the way it is ... with the exception of Ginger, Timothy and William, all the others are listed in the order they were added, which for the first half is essentially the order I met them. (Ginger, Timothy and William are alphabetical, but I first met William, then Ginger, then The Fluffy Tribe, then Timothy, then Scooby, Shaggy and Scout (pre-blog), then the list gets in order of visits... if you really wanted to know.)

[Dad messed with it for a while, but we lost our Haloscan comments, even though they have an auto-setup and are supposed to work. I know I could go with Blogger comments, but I hate to lose four years of comments in the switch. (Any tips?)

Until Dad figures out the comment thing, I think I'll be sticking with the old template, but maybe alphabetizing the blogroll. In the meantime, and more for reference than anything else, the old blogroll and some links...]

Cats with blogs
  • Ginger the Cat
  • Timothy Dickens
  • William the Cat
  • The Fluffy Tribe (aka Poi Rats and Cats)
  • The PsychoKitty Speaks Out
  • Cat Tails by Mia & Ghost
  • Stumpy Kitty
  • Edsel/The Pooch
  • Scooby, Shaggy & Scout
  • Oreo
  • The Adventures of Buddah Pest
  • Timothy's Wildlife Watch
  • Oscar and friends
  • Mattingly
  • meep & Twizzler & Bear (and Buzzerbee)
  • Derby, The Sassy Cat
  • Crew's Views
  • Diva Kitty, Fiona Bun, and Orlando Bun
  • Four Furry Cats
  • The Calico Girls
  • Victor Tabbycat and Nina the Torbie (and Bonnie Underfoot)
  • 2Carolina Cats
  • Fat Eric and Friends
  • Gigolokitty!
  • Yaffa and Sebastian
  • Meezer Tails
  • MacVet's Pets (formerly 5-Cat Style & The Flyer)
  • Les Trois Chats
  • Luna
  • Caturday
  • Prince Diaper
  • Princess Mia
  • Feline Oligarchy
  • Flock O' Fuzzies
  • Manx Mnews
  • Grr, Midnight & Cocoa
  • Random Drift
  • Forty Paws
  • The Cats Stephens
  • HRH Yao-Lin
  • Eric and Flynn
  • Daisy the Curly Cat
  • Chey's Place (Cheysuli and Gemini)
  • Kaze, Latte and Chase
  • Chase
  • Kaze
  • Latte
  • Dragonheart and Merlin
  • Jimmy Joe
  • Captain Jack and Dante
  • Kellie the Orange Cat
  • Cat Banter with Kimo and Sabi
  • Riley & Tiki (& sometimes Kesey)
  • Henry Helton and Clyde
  • P,B,&J (Pearl, Bert, & Jake)
  • Fat Cat Muffin
  • Vincent and Mike
  • Kashim & Othello
  • Lyra & Caesar
  • Gandalf & Grayson
  • Zippy, Sadie & Speedy
  • Churchill
  • Hendrix the Kitty
  • Sultanfus & Guy
  • Samantha & Tigger
  • Wrigley & Cobalt
  • Castor & Pollux
  • Perfectly Parker
  • House of the (Mostly) Black Cats
  • Sweet Praline
  • Tybalt
  • Monty, Survival of the furriest
  • The Cat Blogosphere
  • Pet Prayer & Praise
  • "This blog is full of crap"

  • Our affiliations
  • The Gorgeous Gingers -- Jasper
  • Tuxedo Gang -- Josie
  • House Panthers -- Huggy Bear
  • Attack of the Tabbies -- Maggie
  • Secret Paws

  • Other links
  • Pets Inc.
  • Project Pet
  • Low cost spay and neuter programs
  • Disapproving Rabbits!
  • Kitty Cat Dance

  • If you haven't seen the Kitty Cat Dance on Albino Black Sheep, I highly recommend it.

    No comments: