Wednesday are usually grocery day. Mom will pick Dad up from work and they will go to Sam's, then the Fresh Market and Publix, loading up on all the necessities. Grocery Day is exciting for us. Here are thirteen good things about grocery day:
1. Maggie gets to put her stink on the apples (see yesterday's Wordless Wednesday).
2. Sometimes Maggie will try to put the bitey on the apples, too, although she has yet to actually eat one.
3. We get to play in the bags.
4. The pantry door is left open, so we can sometimes steal the treat bag or some catnip.
5. We get extra garage time because Mom and Dad unload the groceries into the wagon to bring them in from the car.
6. Sometimes we get treats or new toys.
7. If it's a good day, we get to smell a rotisserie chicken.
8. Sometimes Mom will get shrimp, too, which is one of Josie's favorites to smell (although she doesn't eat it too much).
9. It is always exciting to see what Mom has come up with for the week.
10. Sometimes Mom and Dad will get a drink at Sam's, so Huggy Bear will chew on the straws.
11. Fresh catfood!
12. It's another good reason to get on the cabinet and snoopervise.
13. The leftovers come out of the fridge to make room for the fresh food, so there are all kinds of smells and containers to examine.
This was our 42nd Thursday Thirteen. Dad contained the impulse to sneak in a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference while I was typing, and I'm proud of him for that. Happy Thursday!