Saturday, April 05, 2008

PhotoHunt: Glass

The PhotoHunter's theme today is glass. At first I thought, "Huh, glass? What can I post? Mom won't let us drink out of her glass." But then I realized there were other pictures, like...

...the new desk top is made of glass. It's very comfortable to stretch out on and big enough that I'll even share it with Maggie...

...and the glass back door, that Maggie machine pawed at after her brief exploration of the back desk on the leash with Mom (hehe, you can see Dad in the reflection on the window taking the picture. Photo mistake ... sorry)...

...or the glass bowls that we eat our special wet food and treats, like the chick-hen from the other day...

New bookcases in the parlor
...and then there's the glass doors on the new bookshelves. Mom wanted to get these bookshelves for a long time and she finally did, which is good for Mom, but it means that the boxes of books from the room upstairs are gone and we have smaller stacks of boxes to sleep on up there, and with the glass doors on the bookshelves we can't climb behind the books, which is a bummer, but Mom is happy so that's OK.

So I guess we had more "glass" pictures than I thought.

---

I also wanted to share this video. It was emailed to my Mom with a story explaining that the two people in the video (with no audio) had raised a lion from a cub, but when he got too large they were forced to send the lion to a reserve. A year later they came for a visit, and were told that the lion would not recognize them, but you can see he clearly does. The lion puts his stink all over them just like Maggie does to me, Mom, Dad and about anything else near her.

Update: Mom did a little digging and here is the story about Christian the Lion.

No comments: