Monday, April 14, 2008

Mancat Monday

Sitting, waiting, wishing ... a good Mancat must remain ever vigilant.

I like this view from the kitchen into the back yard, overlooking the closest tree to the house. This way, I can watch the birds flutter around, and watch for squirrels trespassing.

But I'm not doing any of that right now. I'm watching, waiting for Mom to come home. She is up in Virginia helping watch Gracie and Clara Ann. Their mom Lisa, her great-uncle passed away on Friday after a battle with cancer. He's in a better place, but there's still so much to be done, so Mom is helping by lending two very active hands.

But I know Mom will be home soon, and Dad's around to treat us, and pet us, and trip over us in the darkness (which he quickly apologized for last night). In the meantime, I'm going to clean myself so I look my best when Mom returns.

It's good to be well put together when someone you miss comes home so they know how much you missed them. And yes, this is me trying to lick my face... I think I should go back to using the paw approach.

Oh, I am also cleaning myself up for tomorrow, because tomorrow is a big, special day for me ... and I'm not talking about tax day. Tomorrow is my birthday! I think Dad's picking up something special for me tonight!

No comments: