Friday, April 18, 2008

Squiggles, book meme, & Tommy needs comments

Our Squiggles arrived the other day -- just after my birthday, so as far as I'm concerned that counts as another birthday present! We love them. Huggy Bear hunted one last night and brought it up to Mom and Dad's room so they could see how much fun he had playing with it, and nothing makes Mom happier than to wake up and see toys that HB has collected all night and brought to them.

The Squiggles are here!
Maggie and Josie investigated the Squiggles fresh out of the envelope. They like to check the mail first.

Jasper and the Squiggles
Since I claimed them as a birthday present I got to take my pick. I wanted to pick them all, but I was told that's not really picking.

Squiggles taste good
I picked this one. It tasted pretty good, so I think I made the right choice. (But secretly, when no one is looking, I'm still picking them all... shhh.)

---

I have been really behind lately, because I was tagged last week for the book meme and have not posted it yet.

Sly tagged me, and I was about to post it, then Mom and Dad turned the computer off, I had a birthday, and excuses followed... So here it is:
Here are the rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people and post a comment to Empress once you post it to your blog so she can come see!

There were a few books lying around, but Dad is (slowly) reading Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman, a collection of short stories. [OK, having opened to page 123 and reading sentence five, I've decided on another book, because it landed in a very, very awkward part of a difficult short story, and I would hate for this to be someone's first impression of Neil Gaiman's writings. So, take two...]

Rachel Ray's Express Lane Meals: "Add the parsley and nuts to the bread crumbs and toss to combine. Heat the remaining 3 tablespoons of EVOO in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, anchovies, and red pepper flakes."

OK, not as exciting as a piece of fiction, but I don't know, let's see what we can do: change parsley and nuts to nip and Whicker Lickins, keep the anchovies, ditch the red pepper flakes and toss the garlic for more nip. Now we're talking!

Thanks for tagging me Sly! I guess I'm supposed to tag five more people, but I just never know who to tag. This one was fun, so please grab it and do it, and comment to let me know that you self-tagged yourself. (I'd hate to double-tag someone.)

---

Mom and Dad's nephew needs comments on his blog for a class project. Uncle Doug explained it here, but Tommy needs the comments here (he may need human comments, though...). Thanks for lending him your support, I know he'll appreciate it.

No comments: