Thursday, October 25, 2007

Blogoversary -- 3 years in review

I started blogging three years ago today! I started a little while after my Mom and Dad had been blogging. They had abandoned their first blog for a fresh start and were really enjoying it, and it looked fun so I figured I'd give it a shot. I really had no idea how long I'd be able to keep it going. Originally I started just to post some pictures so Dad could see them at work and so I could tell a few stories. I never imagined what an amazing community this would have turned in to, and what an important element of my life (next to naps, food and face brushes) this would become. Now a day without visiting my friends' blogs and checking for comments is an incomplete day.

So as part of my Three Year Blogoversary, I present a timeline of events from the past three years of Jasper McKitten-Cat, the blogger.



Monday, October 25, 2004 at 12:02 a.m.
I posted my very first post, followed five minutes later by one of my favorite pictures (taken by Mom) and what has been my profile picture ever since.


Monday, October 25, 2004 at 7:32 a.m.
I post about my neighbor kittens, not knowing at the time that two of them would become Josie and Huggy Bear, my sister and brother.

Thursday, October 28, 2004
My first comment.

[OK, at this point I am realizing that there is a lot here and it's not that easy to decided what is a significant event. I hope to not overlook anything. Maybe a brief nap...]

Tuesday, November 2, 2004
I started using Blog Explosion to get more visitors and exposure. (Apparently since I have not used it in quite some time I am no longer listed there, but at one point I was pretty highly rated among pet blogs.)

Saturday, November 6, 2004
Josie is introduced officially as my sister on the blog. She even took a nap on Mom's chest. So sweet from day one.



Sunday, December 5, 2004
After Huggy and Josie's brother and sister from the litter were both adopted out that left just Huggy Bear. Mom and Dad took him back for adoption day one more time, feeling heart-broken the entire trip. They had totally fallen in love with him (tell me you didn't see that one coming).

Sunday, December 12, 2004
After not being adopted by some stranger, Huggy Bear joins the family officially!



[I forgot how much Huggy Bear and Josie napped together as kittens...]

Wednesday, January 19, 2005
The kittens get their tags from Boomerang Tags. I haven't had a tag yet, although Mom and Dad mention it all the time. Speaking of, I guess we should order new ones...

Sunday, January 30, 2005
My first cat comment, this one by William! I linked to his blog and have been reading it ever since.

Friday, February 11, 2005
Two more cat comments, Ginger, and Merlin and Shadow. Two more blogs that I have followed for over two years now. Wow!

Saturday, February 19, 2005
I meet Timothy Dickens.

Thursday, February 24, 2005
Scooby, Shaggy and Scout's Mom Lynne visits for the first time. (Scooby started commenting on March 15.)

Friday, March 25, 2005
Max makes his first comment on one of Mom's favorite pictures of Josie.



Tuesday, April 5, 2005
Josie and Huggy Bear (and eventually Maggie's) mom had her third litter of kittens, three little ones who quickly found homes on their own.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005
Josie hunted down her first bug! She's been a keen huntress ever since.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005
I linked to the cat dance thanks to Timmy. This one became a permanent link because it makes us all smile every time we see it.

Tuesday, June 7, 2005
Midnight, our most consistent feral visitor at our apartment, came for his first visit.



Wednesday, July 6, 2005
Our first encounter with Gracie, our favorite sticky little person.

Saturday, July 9, 2005
Momma cat's litter of ten kittens (yes, you read that right) -- including Maggie! -- is outside on the neighbor's back patio. At this point, Mom and Dad pretty much knew it was up to them to care for these little guys. (Maggie is the third from the right.)



Saturday, July 20, 2005
Adoption day for many of the huge litter of kittens.

Wednesday, August 3, 2005
Mom and Dad take momma cat and get her fixed. After four litters in just over two years, the poor girl deserved a break!

Monday, August 8, 2005
Maggie is the last remaining kitten from a litter of 10. Amazingly we found some of the nicest people to give good homes to these kittens.

Friday, August 12, 2005
Maggie has to go to the vet for her eye. The poor thing had to have it removed as the upper respiratory infection that troubled many of the kittens had gone to her eye causing a retina prolapse. She went through the surgery without a hitch, and has never missed a beat.

[As of August, I am now getting visits from Edsel, Oreo and Diva Kitty. The number and frequency of visitors builds from here, and although I'd like to mark everyone's initial visits, it's getting difficult and I don't want to miss anyone. Take it that your visits are noticed and very appreciated.]

Sunday, August 21, 2005
We are introduced to Maggie for the first time as our sister.

Thursday, August 25, 2005
Maggie's first night on her own out of the carrier.

Friday, September 9, 2005
Maggie gets her first collar, the yellow version of her current collar. She lost it a few months ago, and Mom and Dad just found it when they cleaned out the garage. It was behind a ton of boxes, which reveals a little secret of where Maggie plays in the garage.

Sunday, September 11, 2005
Oh, I really don't even want to mention this one ... our sanitary clipping. Mom and Dad took HB, Josie and I to the groomer to get cleaned and trimmed (seems I'm so floofy that sometimes the litter box and I don't get along and I can get messy). Well, they buzzed our bellies. Embarrassing, to say the least!



Thursday, November 10, 2005
We got our four black and white cubes. These will appear many many times in the blog throughout the years.



Thursday, January 12, 2006
I did a search for myself and saw I was listed on the Top 10 Sources for Cats. The link has since changed and I'm no longer there, and there are a lot more than 10 links, but it was fun being listed.

Sunday, January 15, 2006
We get our first "red bug" ... a laser pointer!

Monday, January 16, 2006
Josie slept through the Golden Globes as Aunt Kelli visited from Iowa and we got one of Mom and Dad's favorite pictures of her...



Saturday, January 21, 2006
After we killed the old vacuum Mom and Dad went out and bought the Yellow Monster (aka Dyson). Despite all the hair we shed, we have yet to be able to kill this one.

Friday, February 10, 2006
Our first tag and we submitted our paws to the Paw Pawtraits Contest. That was quite a challenge!

Saturday, February 25, 2006
I made it onto the top of the fridge. I didn't think things could get much better until we moved to our house and found the top of the cabinets over the fridge!

Monday, February 27, 2006
Huggy Bear got his pink mouse. He took it and used his deep deep growl to keep us all at bay. He still has this mouse, with much less fur, but will still hunt it.

Wednesday, March 8, 2006
Recovering from my first teleporting party at Magoo's place.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006
Joined Gorgeous Gingers and the Tuxedo Gang.

Sunday, March 19, 2006
Gracie was very little when I let her start brushing me. She's still my favorite sticky person, and I'm still a little cautious when she brushes me.



Friday, March 24, 2006
Our first Secret Paws gift, from Sebastian and Yaffa.



Saturday, April 1, 2006
Tapeworms ... worst April Fools news ever!

Saturday, April 15, 2006
My 4th birthday. I forgot I share a birthday with Luna!

Monday, May 15, 2006
We missed signing up for the Catolympics, but really enjoyed seeing the results.

Saturday, May 27, 2006
We got our first Zoom Groom! Love the Zoom Groom. Also, Dad captured this cool picture of Huggy Bear pouncing Maggie which makes Dad think of the "creature" from Lost.



Saturday, June 24, 2006
We all loaded up into harnesses and carriers and went to the Mobile Pet Med to get our shots. This was quite an adventure because there were a lot of droolers, and we were pretty heavy in our carriers. But everyone liked seeing us.

Saturday, July 29, 2006
Mom and Dad tell us we're leaving the apartment and moving into a house!

Friday, August 11, 2006
I made a rare video post, this one of a friends cat who likes to get vacuumed?!?

Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Mom and Dad found a kitten named Mitzi and found a home for her.

Monday, August 21, 2006
Another great Secret Paws from Yaffa and Sebastian!

Wednesday, August 30, 2006
My first post from the new house!

Thursday, August 31, 2006
Oh, remember Luna's horrible vet ordeal where she was let loose? Thank goodness that had a happy ending! (September 28, 2006)

Wednesday, September 13, 2006
We helped Mom and Dad paint the kitchen. (Lots of new house adventures in September ... new spots to sleep and play and Mom and Dad projects to snoopervise).

Monday, October 9, 2006
Our first visit into the garage. This would become one of our favorite hangouts.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006
Mom and Dad carved a pumpkin into a kitten!



Friday, November 24, 2006
The red couches arrive and Josie claims the long one by the windows as her favorite napping spot.

Monday, December 28, 2006
Maggie loves to play in the Christmas tree. Even though Mom and Dad didn't catch her in the tree they found her missing collar in the tree. She needs to hide the evidence better next time.

Thursday, January 11, 2007
Maggie claimed her orange blanket on Mom and Dad's bed.

Friday, February 2, 2007
Mom and Dad get a new bed ... king sized with more room for us!

Thursday, February 8, 2007
Mom and Dad dress Maggie in her purple striped t-shirt. She was not amused.

Monday, February 26, 2007
We got our Kitty Kozies from Timothy Dickens' Grammie! We love our kozies!



Saturday, March 10, 2007
Huggy Bear's shortest outdoor adventure ever, when he darted into the garage when the big door was up. I think he was more surprised than anything, especially when Dad carried him through the front yard to the front door.

Friday, April 6, 2007
My first Floofy Friday!

Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Our first Tummy Tuesday!

Monday, April 30, 2007
Huggy Bear caught a big moth that had the nerve to fly into the house. Let that be a warning to other bugs out there!

Monday, May 7, 2007
My first Mancat Monday!

Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Our first Wordless Wednesday!

Thursday, May 24, 2007
Josie put on her harness and leash and went out on the back deck with Mom and Dad!













Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Pictorial of Maggie descending from her high, high perch in the garage.

Monday, June 18, 2007
Our stroller arrived.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Maggie's first stroller ride ... short but sweet.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Ginger nominated Maggie as a Rockin' Girl Blogger. That same day we got our cool Secret Paws gift from HRH Yao-Lin!













Friday, August 3, 2007
Maggie's first full walk in the stroller.

Monday, August 13, 2007
We are featured in Karen Jo's limericks!

Tuesday, September 4, 2007
The front door didn't latch fully and Huggy Bear, Josie and Maggie had a brief adventure on the front porch. Mom and Dad ushered them inside quickly.

Monday, September 10, 2007
We receive the Nice Matters Award from Meep!

Thursday, September 27, 2007
My first Thursday Thirteen!

Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Victor Tabbycat gave us the I Love Your Blog Award!

Thursday, October 25, 2007
Happy Third Blogoversary to me! (And the end of this long, exhaustive post!) Thanks to everyone for visiting over the past three years. We look forward to another exciting three years of blogging. And now, after all that typing, I think I need a nap.

No comments: