Sunday, June 16, 2024

On the mend

So I'm having an adventure that I really hadn't expected. On Thursday I was being very lethargic so Mom took me to the vet. My blood tests were OK expect for a heart enzyme that was concerning. Friday I was in lots of pain and I kept trying to use the litter box but nothing was happening. Mom took me back to the vet and they said I had a bladder blockage and I needed to go to the emergency vet. As soon as I came in they swept me away to get a catheter and have my bladder drained. Turns out I had a blood clot blocking my urethra and my kidney levels were elevated. I'm spending a few days at the vet hospital recovering. Last night they said my kidney levels are down which is great news for me to return home. Mom and Dad are going to come visit this morning and hopefully I'll start eating again. I'm ready to come home. Mom, Dad and Aslan really miss me, and I'm ready to come home where there are no weird noises and I can rest. I did fall asleep in Mom's arms yesterday so maybe I'll get some rest again today. 


4 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Purring for you, Loki.
Hugs to your humans too; they are worried about you and love you so.

pilch92 said...

Sorry you were so sick. I hope you are 100% better soon. XO

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I am sorry you had to go to the emergency vet and had to stay there. I hope you are feeling a lot better now and will soon be back home

da tabbies o trout towne said...

st francis blessingz two ewe loki….hope bye now yur 10000000000
purrcent better πŸŸπŸ˜ΊπŸ’™