Sunday, February 27, 2011

Back from the vet

I'm home from the vet. No cone, thankfully. The shaved hind quarters is humiliating enough. I am isolated in the master bathroom while I drain and heal. It'll keep me (and the house) clean, and allow Mom and Dad to monitor me. It'll also keep my sister from biting me again. I don't like being stuck in the bathroom. I keep trying to turn the doorknob, but I don't have thumbs. Dad has been brushing me and giving me extra treats. This is the first abscess that Mom and Dad have had to deal with from us. Mom's old cat Fluffy used to get him, but he was an indoor/outdoor cat, so he'd get in fights. But then after it was drained he'd just go outside to ooze. I get to ooze in the bathroom -- much less fun.

Thanks for the purrs. It really makes me feel better.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're ok, if a little balder, Jasper.

:::head butts:::

JC said...

I'm so sorry. I haven't had a cat get one of those in a long time. Sending hugs and pets your way

JC & The Purr & Fur Gang

Kea said...

Yuck, oozing doesn't sound like fun for anyone involved! Purrs that you heal quickly!

Daisy said...

Oh noes! I'm sorry you have an ouchie, but thank goodness you are getting better. I will purr for you!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Abscesses are no fun, Jasper - I am sending you lots of purrs!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Oh no! I am glad that you are okay but that must have hurt. Purrs.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Our brother Ping had one of us bite him on his back leg and he had to ooze too. We will be purrin for you Jasper.

purrin
xoxox

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We hope your oozing soon stops and you feel better.

The Island Cats said...

Oh Jasper, we didn't know that you hadta to go to the ER vet! We're glad you're okay and we hope you heal quickly!!

Max said...

Poop in the tub while you're stuck in there, dood. Just because you can...