Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Bug hunt

We don't mind hunting spiders or roaches (they call them "Palmetto bugs" here in the Palmetto state, I guess that makes them a little more acceptable). Hunting is actually a lot of fun for us. Now that we're out of the apartment and in a house we seem to have fewer roaches and I haven't seen many spiders at all. But thanks to the bad habits of the previous residents, we have these things called ants. Now, I don't know if you've ever "hunted" ants, but it's boring. They're real tiny so a lot of the time I just ignore them (really, all the time I just ignore them). They walk in a line back and forth. That's not hunting ... that's a buffet. So I've filed a protest with Dad -- more big game hunting (spiders and roaches) and less of this silly recreational stuff (ants).

No comments: