Thursday, December 22, 2005
We had a bit of a scare this morning. Right when Dad was getting ready to head out for work there was a loud BANG from outside. Dad looked around back, and there is a bank of electric meters and one of them was smoking. I guess one of the breakers blew, and when Dad peeked inside the box, there were smoldering bits inside. Mom and Dad called the apartment maintenance guys and the electric company, but Mom was worried so she stayed home with us instead of taking Dad to work and running errands (translation: I got to nap with Mom this morning!). Fortunately, everything was handled quickly and there was no fire or anything -- we didn't even lose power, but I bet someone upstairs did! But loud bangs are no way to start your morning.